Home

Reviews

About Me

Better Review of Fasio Shade Trick Eye BL-2 & KATE Mineral Powder Foundation

by - 9/05/2014 04:06:00 PM

I had made a post about these two products. But I'm not satisfied with that. It's just a slight review and I need to try more of the products because the last review was just the first time applying. It's also my first time trying brand from Fasio, even though KATE isn't my first time. Well, after I've found how to apply the eyeshadow from Fasio for work (it's a minimalize shade because I don't want to look like I'm going to a party for work), I began to love it more and more! Please bear with my excitement of these two products.

As I had post the picture of the case for both eyeshadow and powder foundation, in these post, there were my application photos. I needed to post another picture of the overall product again though, to avoid unknown packaging.


1. KOSE Fasio Shade Trick Eye in BL-2
As I've mentioned before, this thing is my first eyeshadow. My mother had a palette but she rarely used that, made it expired for how long I never counted. It's still in good shape though. Anyway, my family doesn't care about makeup and I had grew up without any knowledge about it until my friends mentioned Pigeon powder in 6th semester (from 7 I took) of university. Though I never expected I would buy a eyeshadow until now.

You can see the function of each color in this plastic case. No.1 is for highlight, 2 as primer (my crease), 3 for shadowing (the blue color comes from that) and the last is to make line (functioning the same as eyeliner but I can build it not too bold)

I thought I wouldn't need eyeshadow as I could use eyeliner for defining my eyes and makes it larger. Then, I saw how pretty an artist and how cute the eyeshadow in palette could be. First time, I like the Clio Peripera Frozen TapTap 3 Eyes (I'm in the middle of ordering it!). I love the purple color from "Let It Go" palette (Elsa). But I also like the everyday orange palette "I'm Happy, Kristoff" (Anna). But I think I'll buy the purple one since it's very pretty. I'm also tempting to buy the Frozen Wholly Deep Liner Kit. Do you know how I learnt all my makeup? From blogger, from video tutorial. Thanks for all of you, bloggers! It's not from my mom, but internet.

Picture is downloaded from Google. Do you see the purple eyeshadow? I love the color 1st time I saw it.

Back to Fasio Shade Trick Eye. This is in deep & dark blue color, almost the same as black (no wonder I've made a wrong guess from blue to black). First time applying, I used the sponge applicator in all shade. It makes it in dark color. But on third time I applied, I tried my finger to blend the no.3 color and it got sheer grey-blue. I love it! It matches my need of applying sheer color eyeshadow, and if I opens my eyes, it looks like an eyeliner. This is my picture of using it the third time:

I managed to create a more sheer color than in the previous attempt. Please forgive my messy eyebrow.

That's my half-open eyes, let's see when I open them all:

See how it looks like I'm just using eyeliner? I used my finger to spread the no.3 blue shadow. First, I blend the no.3 on the outer side of my eyes, than spread it with finger to the inner side.

I like how everyone in the office didn't notice my shadow's color since I also often using eyeliner. The tricky shade is buildable, makes it lovely. I know I must use bolder color if I go to a party. I hope it will work well as I'm still learning.


2. KATE Mineral Powder Foundation in OC-B
I haven't post the result of using KATE Mineral Powder Foundation before. Now, I will write what it takes me for wonderful coverage of this powder.

After trying its BB cream, I'm amazed by how Japanese makeup product doesn't have any smell, unlike Korean. If it's like that, it makes me feels I never put any makeup because it doesn't getting smelly. And the texture is mostly very sheer and light, easy to blend, and moisturizing. I love Korean product, but I love Japanese more, if I am not counting the price, but quality. Though I must spend my money wisely so I will buy more of Korean product in the future. How I wish Japanese makeup brand will be imported to our country soon because the shampoo & facewash cream are already booming in our supermarket/beauty shop.

It's hard to believe I just bought the refill.

Here is my face this morning after bathing:

Right

Left

I know, the condition of my skin has improved after I quit using hair vitamin. Though in photos above, again, I took picture after washing my face because it's early in the morning before I went to work. KATE Mineral Powder Foundation has no scent, the color matches my skin, and covering redness/whatever different color you have. And there's one important function, it does not make my face oily! You know, Etude Face Conditioning cream is not only moisturizing my face, but it also makes my skin a bit shiny/dewy. Even if my skin's main problem is dry, as human, it can also becomes oily after sweating, right? And that's where my problem always comes every morning. I walks from home to office in sunny morning. With the mineral powder foundation, even after sweating in the morning until working for 9 hours + a few hours watching K -Missing Kings- until night, I didn't feel it's oily at all. My skin feels like cotton!

This are my after application picture:

Left Face

Right Face

See the differences? It covers black spot after acne and looks like my second skin. I'm glad I bought this, sinced when I was in Watsons, I thought to save more money. But my craziness to try Japanese makeup brands made me ignoring the fact that I had 4 BB creams in tube and 1 BB cushion, then there's my Pigeon powder, including Tonymoly Cat's Wink powder & Skinfood Buckwheat Loose Powder. YAY ME!!

This is me using both products:

 Eyes: KOSE Fasio Shade Trick Eye BL-2, Face: Etude House Face Conditioning Cream & KATE Mineral Powder Foundation OC-B, Lips: Etude House Princess Etoinette Crystal Shine Lips Winter Edition PBE102 Moon Flower under the Stars. There is no other product I've used. Oh yeah, hair: Beautylabo Whip Hair Color in Milky Beige.


Let me summarize of what I like from KOSE Fasio Shade Trick Eye. It's waterproof, long lasting (I wore it this morning with my mineral powder foundation), buildable color so it's playful, beautiful color (I began to prefer using this more than eyeliner because it accentuated my eyes bolder than gel liner), everyone doesn't notice I'm using eyeshadow on first day (This is what I love! It looks like I don't wear too bold makeup).

For my disappointed factor, I think it's the chosen color. Although the blue is similar to black because it's dark, I prefer more natural color like brown/orange. Also, because I wanted to buy Peripera Let It Go palette, so I wanted to own a dark and natural color both. Turns out the discount is very tempting! I don't regret buying this because of it's good quality. Oh yeah, my friend bought a shadow from unknown brand at the same Watsons, of course it's not Japanese brand and cheap. It turned out not waterproof then the black shadow went by her lower crease. She looked like panda-eye. Thank God I didn't buy it because the smokey-eye palette was quite good, but quality was downgrade. It has 2 colors for eyebrow and 3 for shading. Looks promising.

The KATE mineral powder foundation has good quality. Even if looks like normal powder, from what I've seen by putting the sponge to the powder and it changes to more black than white, the coverage is very good. Of course it means that even though this is a powder, it has bold color pigment and can cover redness. Plus, even if the color is bold, it doesn't change to cakey even if I applied numerous times. It looks like my skin color. Although I added it more, it feels light! Different from the sticky BB cream, this powder foundation is similar to any other powder in particle weight. I think I don't have any disappoinment with this product. Everything it has are very great. Maybe...it's hard to buy it from Indonesia because our drugstore isn't selling enough Japanese brands. And this point is for both Fasio & KATE. I hope Indonesia quickly realize the greatness of Japanese drugstore makeup product.

You May Also Like

0 Comments