Home

Reviews

About Me

Kanebo Coffret D'or Total Designing Set Autumn 2014 EX-1 Apricot Beige with Natural Eyeshadow

by - 10/18/2014 12:20:00 PM

So far, I loves using cosmetics from Kanebo. While I haven't tried Shiseido's drugstore brand such as Majolica Majorca or Dolly Wink (Well, the two are best for their eyes product and since I'm not into it, I have not try it yet), I think KATE are my favorite brand. I intended to buy KATE Brown Shade Eyes in BR-1 (Pearly Brown, Kuroki Meisa's makeup, a brown with sexy luster) or BR-6 (Matte, a unique matte brown) previously because I need natural eyeshadow (Mine are just blue-black Fasio and pink-purple Peripera). But when I saw Coffret D'or products at Ichibankao (I never buy from it because I don't have PayPal, but it's famous around blogger), my eyes went to its Full Smile Eyes eyeshadow, packing together with Color Blush and Elegant Jewelry Rouge EX-100. The website for Coffret D'or is here. Please relax while reading my hype review over this product.



As you can see in above picture, there are two types of box. Actually there were 4 sets of this. Below is the all set for 2014 autumn set (click to enlarge):

Like I had mentioned, EX-1 contained Full Smile Eyes Apricot Beige, EX-2 with Pink Beige, EX-3 with Bronze Brown, and EX-4 with Grey Brown.

The first and second set contains similar PK (Pink) blush packed in pink box, while third and fourth has RS (Rose) color blush packed in yellow box. The lip rouge only has EX-100, a nude color and limited. Actually, Full Smile Eyes eyeshadow is sold separately in 4 colors, two are the same with the set, which are EX-1 Apricot Beige and EX-3 Bronze Brown, while another palette are Natural Pink and Clear Purple in actual palette. But in this limited set, as you can see, Natural Pink is replaced by EX-2 Pink Beige and Clear Purple is replaced by EX-4 Grey Brown. Actually, I prefer the Total Designing Set color variation rather than the palette sold separately.

 This is the actual color of Full Smile Eyes sold separately. The Pink is more natural in the limited set version.


Been confusing to pick EX-1 or EX-2 since the pink is everyday sweet color, but decided to buy EX-1. Part of it because I don't have brown-colored eyeshadow and the other is because I want to look natural in brown. Though I'm also regretting not buying the EX-2. Maybe someday..

It was the "how to" do the eyeshadow. I need to write no.4 again because it can't be seen. Click to enlarge.

Oh well, let's see what I used it on looks like. The no.4 color turns out not too natural as it's pigmented and bold. Let me explain, no 1 is a base so it doesn't need to be pigmented. No 2 is also not pigmented and must swipe 2 times to build the color., No 3.. same with no 2, I must swipe more than once to make it see-able. No 4 is the most pigmented color. One swipe can change drastically. While 5 is a shimmer for waterline so it's the smallest palette. Maybe I need more practice to use it very sheer around my eyelines. Anyway, forgive me because I applied it on my eyes so quickly, together with studying using it. I never had primer but expecting my dry skin, maybe I wouldn't need it. I won't use eyeshadow if I must sweating though (I just need to walk 10 mins to go to office and I don't sweat that much).

Different lighting, eh? Sorry, my hand slipped when taking the picture so the light can't be seen the same. It's a bit natural although the shimmer on my waterline is annoying. Using the small black sponge doesn't do that well, because it's still too wide. I need smaller applicator! Curled eyelashes, but didn't use mascara.

The design for this rouge and the set one are different. In Designing Set, the rouge packaging is more sleek while the original has fat tube. But its name is really elegant jewelry rouge.

As for the Jewelry Rouge, actually has 6 colors only, but the included rouge in set is new color, EX-100. As you can see, EX-100 barely has any color. It's nude. If I may choose, I think I will choose EX-100. Never had nude lipgloss before. And I'm excited to wear one, to look more Japanese-style, right? Also, from the picture above, all the other colors looks similar, and the enticing one is the EX-100 (blame me for choosing the lighter color nowadays). Though it didn't happen as my wish...

I love the jewelry-like tip of the packaging. Although it sometimes will looks like toy for children, but it's special.


When I took the rouge, I was a bit hopeless that it didn't have color. It's like clear lipgloss. And what my feelings got when applying it on lips was cooling sensation. I thought, I never had those feeling before. Was it broken? Or unsuited to my lips? I was afraid to danger my lips because of that cooling effect, but at least it didn't effect on anything. And as minutes went by, the cooling effect was gone. Is it just me who have happened to experience that? The rouge is sticky, same as any other lipgloss but doesn't have smell (There is no scent on all its products in the set). Below is my lips using Elegant Jewelry Rouge EX-100 without concealer/lipstick/anything:

It's just a clear gloss!

In these few years, Coffret D'or always sold its makeup set, but maybe this one is more preferable because I want to try powdery blush with a brush. I owned cream cheek from Etude House, which are Sweet Cupcake All Over Color OR-201 & OR-202, but too lazy to put it everyday (I must wash hands before and after applying, right?). So this one, I thought would be convenient and could make natural finish to blend with powder makeup because I still prefer to use powder than BB cream/foundation. But the color blush is very sheer. I applied 4-5 swipes but it won't come out. Although I could see a light pink color on my cheek. In a way, it's ridiculous to swipe more than 5 times to get the color, but I like sheer, so it's great. Brush is good and soft.

The blush have very little shimmer that won't be noticeable up close and beautiful. Lovely pink & natural color!

All in all, the only disappointing product for me is the jewelry rouge. Too bad it didn't have pink nude color as I had expected before. I must use another lipstick to build it or else, it looks like I'm not wearing any lipstick/lipgloss. The blush is.. even though very sheer but it's what I wanted. A sheer pink will makes my natural blushing, right? And the eyeshadow, I finally got brown one. And very happy. If I use it to work, I might not applying no 4 for it's too bold. Here as the final, me with Coffret D'or Total Designing Set, but on bare skin (Sorry, it's Saturday and this was my holiday. I just wanted to try these beautiful thing quickly so I applied it faster without using anything on skin):

Again, sorry for my bare face-skin I didn't use anything, even moisturizer nor powder because excited to try it. Forgive dull skin and some acne mark, especially my eyebags, and my chubby cheek! You can see the rouge has no color, just being glossy. While the blusher doesn't appearing because it's very sheer even after 5 swipes!

You May Also Like

0 Comments