Home

Reviews

About Me

Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur-Is it real?

by - 2/06/2015 07:43:00 PM

For one who follows Korean makeup product, all of you must have heard this Beauty Shot Face Blur primer/base, right? So, what do you think of it before trying the product itself? Can it be used to hide pores, uneven skin tone? For me, I thought it's an amazing product, maybe for Etude's range, it would be the more advanced product than Baby Choux Base (I've tried its sample). Well, let's see how it goes.



Beauty Shot Face Blur has SPF15 / PA+, not too high and it is standard for a base. It was advertised as a blur cream that will help you have a clean, smooth face without the touch of photo editor. A simple advertisement, but it's a holy grail for all women! The bottle is pump-type, I think it's a bit hard to pump and can comes out too much. Better take care while pumping or it will have much wasted cream to come out. The cream color is the same as its bottle, orange-pink, with fragrance similar to a body lotion (for me) and I can bear it (you know I don't like perfume, right?). It's cute, even the color of the cream! The stickiness is almost the same as Face Conditioning Cream, although Beauty Shot has more watery texture. By the way, my Face Conditioning Cream tube is finally broken. The cream comes out from the glued tube (I think the glue isn't very strong to hold the squeezing). I'm sticking it with scotch tape.

 As you can see, it makes my hand shiny since it's cream type.

From my point of view, the result after application is almost the same as Face Conditioning Cream (I haven't finish using it too). It really brighten my skin, can be used as moisturizer too, but not hiding enough pores Well, even if I do have small pore, I wanted it to not be visible. I guess it smoothen out my skin a bit, giving shiny result, but not hiding pore. Even for me, who have small pores, I still can see it. So to use it without powder/foundation, I won't recommend it if you have big pores. You still have to cover for those using high-coverage foundation. Below is my skin with and without Beauty Shot. Please don't be shocked by my big face photo.

 It's embarassing to post my photo this big! But you can see enough that it's just smoothen out my pores, not make it unvisible. I could feel my face became smoother after I wash it. Maybe thanks to this. In this picture, my skin around nose is changed from dry to smooth. Well, it's a very small improvement, but it's also a good thing, right?

And after using Kanebo KATE Mineral Powder Foundation, the result is smoother than with me using just Skin Aqua UV Milk Sunblock below the powder (I can feel it). Again, forgive my eyebags because it's on Friday (the last day of working in a week).

 I had simple makeup because I'm so sleepy lately. Just Etude Beauty Shot Face Blur, Kanebo KATE Mineral Powder Foundation OC-B, Canmake Strong Eyes Liner, Etude Lash Perm 3 Step Volumecara, and NIVEA Vitamin Shake Cranberry & Raspberry. Anyway, the Schwarzkopf Freshlight Foam Melty Cherry haven't had enough great result after 5 days.

For me, the Beauty Shot Face Blur didn't give amazing result. The packaging is cute, mainly because of its round bottle and girly color. It did gave smooth finish to skin, brighten it up, and moisturizing, but not covering enough pore. I wonder if I will repurchase this again, or maybe I will try another product. It's a so-so product for me and I hope I will be able to be amazed by another primer which can give smoother finish (Should I try KATE Flat Skin Base? It's famous, right?). Anyway, I'm waiting for my KATE's order from my sister's supplier again. That were for KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover (the liquid foundation will turn powdery in 15 seconds), KATE Brown Shade Eyes BR-6 Matte (I want to give a matte eyeshadow a try), and KATE Black Feather Lash. I'm curious if those 3 items will help me to look more mature, similar to Kuroki Meisa? www~~~ Sigh, those three for almost USD 80.00!!!

You May Also Like

5 Comments

  1. Ka ini mengandung silikon gak?
    Kalo pake ini keliatan putih topeng gak? Masalahnya kulit ku sawo mateng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka ini mengandung silikon gak?
    Kalo pake ini keliatan putih topeng gak? Masalahnya kulit ku sawo mateng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Ini list ingredients yang kudapat: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Edta, Fragrance(Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Mica (Ci 77019), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491).

      Ini cuma untuk mencerahkan & melembabkan, jadi ga berwarna. Ga seperti BB cream.

      Delete
  3. Kak menurutmu hasilnya lebih bagus ini atau baby choux? aku biasa pk baby choux sih tp tertarik untuk beli ini. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Menurutku sih baby choux lbh lengket. Pernah coba yg berry dan bikin putih ya di muka. Kalau Face Blur ga terlalu berwarna deh dan meskipun efeknya kurang terlihat, bisa cover pore. Tergantung kebutuhan aja.

      Delete