Home

Reviews

About Me

Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder Matte Ochre & Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter 045 Cotton Candy

by - 8/13/2015 01:58:00 PM

I'm back to Canmake! And another Revlon lip item. I heard many good reviews for Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder. Japanese Vlogger often used this to topped their BB cream / foundation. Actually, I was a bit afraid if the shade would be too light for me and too dry, after purchasing the Concealer Foundation UV. But since many like it, I'd be happy to try another Canmake powder. As for Revlon, I bought it so I could receive free delivery from online shop.


I bought from another ready stock online shop, not Sociolla, but Bilna. Well, actually it's an online shop based for mothers and their baby care, but they sells anything. I decided to purchase these two items, but disappointed because they used third party delivery. Even though their warehouse is near my home, because they used third party, it took two days after I paid. Why should they use third party for nearby address? Hiring a messenger would be more convenient. Unlike Sociolla. After I paid in the morning, they would quickly deliver it to my home in the evening. And one more thing, they sent me many invoices which I couldn't find any differences, more than 5 times. For what purpose? It's annoying and I thought they already send my package. But nope. I sent them questions about my order on Monday, after paying on Saturday, but they still hadn't send it to me. It's all because of the so many invoices they sent to me. If not, I would wait until Wednesday, of course.

1. Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder #MO (Matte Ochre)

The packaging is very luxury despite it's just a drugstore brand. Love the golden mirror cap and the beautiful emboss. But it's hard to capture the cap without reflecting every things inside my room.

This compact powder will create perfect sweet-looking face that's as soft and light as a marshmallow! The website used this words to describe it. Matte Ochre is the lightest shade described as, "A matte light ochre that will make your skin look brighter in an instant". The packaging is round, with gold cap, which will reflect anything like a mirror.

 Can you feel that the puff is very soft? Similar as a cotton.

If you opened the cap, there's white puff inside and plastic separator from its powder. The puff is very soft, and of course fragile because of it. I might break it someday. Despite the fragile puff, it's very soft on skin, like putting marshmallow on my face.

The powder itself does not contain glitter. I'm glad it doesn't make my dry skin more patchy, unlike the Concealer Foundation UV. It does even out my skintone, but not covering acne, redness around my nose, and dark circle. Well, it's obvious since it's just a normal powder. But the feel is very light. I think I understand why most Japanese uses this after putting foundation. It's not heavy on skin and won't create more white on face. That would be different if I use Pigeon powder (I have it until now even though it's very drying). Same as most Japanese product, the powder pact doesn't have scent. My before and after picture can be seen below:

True, right? The shade isn't too light so I can wear it everyday. And even though it doesn't have full coverage, it can cover my dark circle a little.

Then, on another day, I tried using this powder on top of my BB cream. The feels of it is light. But I don't prefer compact powder to top my BB cream because it will hide pores and that's very annoying. I can't see any pore, feeling unhuman. But, the Marshmallow Finish Powder really gives marshmallow-like skin. I like touching my face after putting it on. Of course it stays longer for all day on top of BB cream. This is the picture:

I was using Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk, Kiss Me Heroine Make Protect UV Mineral BB Cream #01, Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder #MO, Canmake Cream Cheek #CL01, Canmake Eye Nuance #26, Canmake GOKUBUTO Mascara, Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick #3, a little bit nose shading with Canmake Shading Powder #03.

I like this powder a lot. Maybe if I didn't find Tony Moly Cat's Wink Clear Pact, I would buy Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder. It will be my second favorite powder pact after Cat's Wink. Doesn't have scent, doesn't have glitter, very soft on skin, not (very) drying, not very white, the packaging is pretty, and easy to touch up because the mirror is big! Just don't expect coverage, it's just a normal powder, you see. I like normal powder pact because they're light on skin. Too bad the staying power is only 5 hours. After lunch hour, I couldn't see the powder anymore. Just my bare face. It's good if I put foundation below, as the website suggested. It does control oil, though. I feel matte skin all day at the office. Anyway, I like using it alone on the day I have great skin. But I'll wear it if I can go less than 5 hours, maybe to mall because of the staying power.


2. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter #045 Cotton Candy


The Lip Butter from Revlon is pretty famous, if I'm not wrong. It's a buttery balm that would give shiny color. It will pamper your lips with a gel formula that provides super-charged hydration and glides on buttery smooth. The formula contains mango butter, shea butter, and coconut butter. Its packaging comes with a jewel-like cap. And each cap's color represent the payoff color on the bullet. I preferred Cotton Candy because the pink was beautiful on the website. It's almost nude, cool-toned pink.

Showed the color number.

The bullet itself contains many glitters. That's what I dislike from a lipstick, similar to Oriflame. The smell is of candy, but I can smell it like candle sometimes. Not very like-able for me.

The bullet looks like this. It has numerous glitters within and I don't like the smell.

Let's take it on my hand. I swatched a few times, but this is the only result:

Not very visible.

I have swatched more than 5 times!

On lips, it's very drying. It will sink into my lip lines, make an oily and dry butter. Definitely not for people who have dry lips like me. But hey, my lips is not dry at that time and not cracking either. So it's not a perfect lipstick for me. I'm very disappointed with Lip Butter series and won't purchase anything from this range. I'll stick with Revlon lip crayon, but won't buy anymore of their lipstick bullet. Even after I have swatched many times, I feel like the one I put is oil, not the color. The bullet isn't long, but it will definitely last long because I can't feel it's decreasing after swatching numerous times. Maybe I'm right. The formula transferring to my lips is only the oil! This is why I tend to go away from Western drugstore-mid end lipstick. Staying power is only 2 hours. After that, it will disappear and leave glitters (or is it supposed to give shine but I dislike it?).

Can't you see my lip lines? I don't like how the shine comes from its glitter. Rather than beautiful, I think it's overly shiny. The color is sheer, it won't cover the dark color on my upper lips. It moisturized my real lips (unlike Oriflame, which doesn't have any effect on my lips, instead cracking the surface because of dehydration), but not a good color and formula for my lip shape because my lines are too obvious. I'll write it again, "I don't like glittery lipstick".

And after using the two products together (even though I only love my Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder):

Using Etude House Beauty Shot Face Blur, Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder, Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner N, Tony Moly Crystal Blusher Pink Jubilee, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Cotton Candy. I rarely used mascara right now, just curled it with Shu Uemura curler. Even though it's not thick, but I like natural finish more. Revlon Cotton Candy looks good from a far. But I don't like how it feels on my lips either. Sticky and the smell isn't good. Sometimes feels like a cheap scent from cheap brand lipstick.

You May Also Like

0 Comments