Home

Reviews

About Me

Mamonde x Marymond Cover Powder Cushion SPF 50+ / PA+++ #17 Light Beige

by - 11/05/2015 11:15:00 AM

I bought another Mamonde product. After trying their Creamy Tint Color Balm, I'm tempted to try their cushion. It's a collaboration between Mamonde x Marymond edition, although Mamonde also sold it in normal edition. But I'm (money) totally eaten by the pretty flowery drawing it has. The shade I bought is #17 Light Beige. I'm pretty sure it will suit me since I'm usually buy shade #13. And no.17 means it won't be too white. I have ordered it since 5 weeks ago, but thanks to Chuseok, it got delayed and arrived just at the end of October.

Only this pict taken by my new camera Sony α5100. The others were taken with my LG G2 13MP camera.

Marymond is a company focussing on job for women who were forced into sexual slavery during the Japanese colonial period. They made floral designs during their horticultural psychotherapy suitable for anything, pouch, mug, bottle, etc. This time, Mamonde collaborated with Marymond to fill in the design of its cushion case.


And what about Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion itself? It claims to create soft, bright, and radiant skin with flowers! Triple functional-whitening, anti-wrinkle and UV protection (SPF 50+ / PA+++). Peach blossom water fills the skin with moisture, while concealer and primer ingredients offer perfect coverage. Peach blossom cushion makes the skin look bright and radiant, like using a reflector board, and gives a soft finish with peach blossom powder. Staying power is 12 hours continuous effect without darkening. Oh right, it has matte finish, suitable for oily skin.


Shade:

Satisfied with the explanation? Let's see the beautiful packaging. The box comes with luxurious Marymond cherry blossoms design. Of course, the box feels good enough it can be compared with Laneige box (and the price also). I took a picture for the box in almost every angle because I like it so much.



And then, for the cushion case. The shape is actually round, but thanks to the top teary-shape edge, it looks different than most cushion cases. Yep, I guess it looks like tear or waterdrop. Isn't it cute? The wrapper for its refill is also in similar design with the box.




For Cover Powder Cushion's puff, it is in blue color, similar to Laneige. About the texture of the puff, it is softer than Innisfree. But I still think Laneige's puff is the best because it's bouncy and very flexible. Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion's puff isn't too flexible, but it's alright. Anyway, the mirror doesn't have plastic seal, unlike the other cushions I have before.


The cushion texture is flower-patterned. It is also clean enough for my eyes to see it. And after opening the seal paper, I can smell its floral fragrance. The scent is calming and soothing, which I like very much because it is not overly-smelled for my nose. The cushion cream can be picked easily once I put its puff on the surface, unlike Innisfree Ampoule Intense Cushion which is a bit hard. I must push with more strenght so I can get the cream on my puff.



When I pat it on my face, I saw that it truly have matte finish. Of course there's slightly bit of shine around my nose, but unvisible on my cheeks. The finish is more matte than semi-matte, which I have been searching in a matte cushion until now. This cream is also very good, settles into my natural skin. It reminded me of my favorite Kanebo KATE Mineral BB Gel Cream so much. I think I'll love this cushion for real matte finish without looking too dull. Coverage is sheer to medium, but I guess it's medium. It covers my redness and dullness, but can't cover some acne scars.


After trying it, I know that no.17 shade is my shade! It's not too dark nor light, just perfect for my skintone. Well, it can be compared to Innisfree no.21 cushion, though. But in comparison to my hand, it is a little bit darker, so I considered not too light. Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion have pink undertone, so it's best for cool-toned skin. Just that, rather than white (Innisfree), it has pink hue so it's more lively. But don't worry, it will settles into skincolor after a few minutes. I won't look ghastly wearing it without blusher, because its shade will stick well to our skin.


I have used for 2-3 hours and it created some dots on around chin and nose, similar to KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover. Not a hindrance and can be erased by finger/tissue, but I don't like my foundation to be seen. I think I should use the same primer as KATE Powderless. So I tried again on another day with SANA Maikohan Shitaji Base Makeup, hoping it would help me like it did for my KATE. Still, the result isn't causing any difference than with using Hada Labo Gokujyun Ultimate Lotion. So I tried putting this cushion without primer at all, on my dry skin. The result is, nothing changed. I couldn't use anything to prevent this cushion from creating dots. Well, it doesn't harm me, I still like it. But it gives me more job to do after puting on this cushion.

See? My hand is lighter. So I considered no.17 is not too light for me.


Positive thoughts:
- Beautiful & unique packaging. Also, thumbs up for the concept of delivering knowledge about Korean history.
-  Clear matte finish with less glow. That's why it is less sticky than most BB cushion. But of course there's a slightly sticky feeling when touching because it's from a cream-type.
- Smooth finishing, mixed well unto skin.
- Medium coverage if layered more.
- Soothing scent.
- The puff is quiet good. It's softer than my Innisfree, at least.
- Compact case, easy to bring it anywhere. And that's why cushion is my favorite type of liquid/cream packaging.
- Lightweight on skin.

Negative thoughts:
- Pricey. The price is similar to any Laneige cushion. But quality has proved it!
- Shade might be too light for most people. Moreover, I think the finish have pink undertone.
- Hard to get except through PO if your country doesn't have Mamonde store.
- A bit hard to be used with & without primer. It will create dots around nose & chin, similar to KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover. Maybe because the formula is matte finish but from a cream/liquid-type.

 Also tried with Canmake Blessed Natural Primer before putting Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion, but no difference. Still had spots on. I wonder what should I wear under this cushion? Anyway, I used Canmake Cream Cheek CL01 and its very sheer, huh?

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. so which one is lighter? mamonde 17 or innisfree 21?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think Innisfree has lighter shade because it's white.

      Delete