Home

Reviews

About Me

K-Palette W Series Essence in Eyebrow #05 Grayish Brown Review

by - 3/08/2016 10:26:00 PM

I have their eyeliner, not a waterproof type but still very good and very smooth when used. K-Palette is especially famous for their eyeliner and eyebrow product, though. The Essence in Eyebrow is a eyebrow pencil, powder, and brush all in one package. The W series represents a two in one combination of beauty essences and makeup. There are 5 shades available from light brown to grey brown. Mine is the darkest, #05 Grayish Brown.


I actually didn't intend to buy it. But since a seller have it ready stock, I'd like to try another K-Palette's product. Since I colored my hair in ash brown, I thought of using brown-colored eyebrow product for daily makeup. The gap between my hair color and my real eyebrows color is big now, so I need to re-touch my brows to brighter color. But using an eyebrow mascara is not my favorite because it will gives dry and stiff finish eyebrows. In some occassion is fine, but not for daily makeup. That's why I'd prefer using my Canmake Eyebrow Liquid (marker type) or an eyebrow pencil. Of course one of the reason is because my brows already have too many hair and doesn't need for a mascara to put them thicker.


The appearance of the eyebrow pencil, powder, and screwbrush. There is text that shows where is the pencil or powder.

The Essence in Eyebrow only comes with pencil packaging. But don't be scared, because there are 3 products in one pencil. The obvious item is the screwbrush. Then, inside the white applicator, the edge is the pencil. If you opened the other side (the separator from the brush is the golden-colored packaging), you will find the shadow tip.


Available colors:


Now, for the tutorial:


The pencil doesn't have sharp edge but it is thin enough to draw thin line to fill in brows.

The powder tip. Not big, but it helps a lot to create soft focus finish on the edges.

Actually, the pencil step is not a must for me. What I need is to fill my brows because the left and right side are different. My right brows has less hair than the left. But if I already have it, then why not using it to create more clean brow? Actually, I like to use the eyebrow liquid because it is not too bold and can be used to lining plus filling my brows neatly than powder. I'm glad the pencil is included so I can draw a neat line.


The pencil comes with round shape and thin edge.
Don't worry about the shape, it can be used easily to create thin line.
The powder tip is soft and with only a little tap or stroke, the color comes out according to my need.
And with the brush, a neat and filled eyebrows can be achieved!

The result is not obvious indeed. But because I have thick eyebrows. I only need to fill in some sparse brows. But it is the point. It can be used for someone who have thick eyebrows like me to have clean brows without looking like Shin-chan. It gives me more delicate shape.

Tried to create Song Hye Kyo's makeup in Descendants of the Sun. The color is darker than my hair. But I think that is still allright.

The Grayish Brown color is actually the same as my Canmake Eyebrow Liquid in 01 Natural Brown. Even though it is slightly darker than my haircolor, but it is good to create natural eyebrow for dark hair color. I am a bit sad though, since I need a lighter shade. But it is basically my fault for purchasing the darkest. Staying power is great. It can be used for my working activities. I don't know about oily skin or outdoor activities though. It might not stand too long if you have too much sweat. No scent and no side effect. Have been using it quite daily for more than a week and very glad to use it. Too bad K-Palette isn't available here. What surprised me is, I don't need a long time to use three products alltogether because they are easy to applied.



FINAL THOUGHTS:
+ 3-in-1 product in one simple pencil type. Either to use all or one of it is okay.
+ The finish color, especially its shadow, is not too bold. But the pencil is easy to draw..
+ Good staying power on my dry skin for all day. I used only a BB cream without powder often. So it is a bit sticky too. I think Essence in Eyebrow is a good product.
+ The brush is thick but soft. It can blend the powder until it creates soft-focus color.
+ Travel friendly packaging and won't need to bring many product.
+ The price is pretty decent for Japanese cosme. It is around 1,600Y or Rp 265.000. But I bought it when the Yen is high, around 120.
+ No scent. I don't prefer product with scent in reality because I will sneeze a lot.
- Maybe not for oily skin. But I never tried.
- Hard to buy in Indonesia. The nearest is in Singapore.

You May Also Like

0 Comments