Home

Reviews

About Me

Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control SPF50+ PA+++ - First Try of BB Cushion

by - 8/13/2014 10:44:00 PM

I guess it's time for me to try BB Cushion. It's already a long time ago sinced BB Cushion was introduced, maybe 2 years? I don't know the exact time, though when I saw it, the first brand I wanted to try is Laneige! Comes from the same company as Etude House, Amore Pacific, Laneige is more prestigious (and more expensive) than Etude. In my mind, I think Etude is more for teenager segment, while Laneige is produced for mature woman. Pore Control type is the latest in 2014 Laneige BB Cushion, made for oily skin (My skin is very dry but I like it matte finish, than dewy).

When I searched its review, everyone always comparing Laneige to IOPE. The reason is because they are in the same quality, but I've read that IOPE's shade is more suitable for yellow-ish Indonesia people here, when Laneige is more white-y. Well, I still chose Laneige. Part of it is because I like Song Hye Kyo, its model, and I still remember her role in That Winter, the Wind Blows drama. Reality wise, I adore Yoon Eun Hye and Bae Suzy (Miss A) for Korean actress. Maybe after them is Song Hye Kyo. The other idols (ex: SNSD, Kara, SISTAR, etc etc)... cannot recognize them one by one (Yup, I don't care because their face looks similar to me). Another reason is because after using skincare from Etude House Moistfull Collagen cream, my face (skin) is brighter (and whiter). I compared it to when I was lazy using the cream in long holiday, then my face became dull again. So I'll choose a shade which is more white than yellow.


The color of Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control pact is blue-green and miror-like. It could reflect like a real mirror and very exclusive, promising a better quality. Has SPF 50+ PA+++ which is very high. Well, I don't know the difference, but it's good when it has higher number right? Urgh, I don't know when I began taking products' photo, but it's convenient to when I want to write the review suddenly. Here is the dented box (I ordered 4 products in a box so the seller put them all in one medium box). I don't care about the box if the product is functioning and undamaged.


The box's color is black and silver. There is no blue-green color anywhere, like the pact. It represents luxury when it is black. I like the dotted texture, makes it not dull. The box comes with refill, like any other Laneige's cushion, or every cushion?


See it? The Laneige label on its pact can change from black to white depends on the light. Unique and thoughtful. I love lighting's ability. The white color feels so clean and care for us, women.


The back of it. Still clean white. I don't know if I've use it many times already, it might get dirty? Uh, let's get to the inside of this bulky cushion.


I haven't bought any cushion brand before and surprised by its complete setting of this pact. The puff inside is arranged specifically to give cooling effect sensation upon application. The back is in dark blue color (I forgot to take the picture). It smells nice, floral, I think. The calm scent is soothing my heart. I love to smell it! Though after application, the smell will disappear.


Enlarging it more so you can see the texture of the cushion. It fills up with BB Cream. But when I applied it on face, it didn't like the usual watery BB cream I used (Etude's Bright Fit & Cotton Fit, and my KATE BB Gel Cream). It drier than the previous I had mentioned, but could stick good on my skin, even without using base. Its mirror is clearly reflecting anything, so it's good for one who needs to re-applying outside home. I think it's the clearest mirror in cosmetic's pact I had until this.

After the cushion pact's structure, the last review will be about its staying power. It didn't get oxidize as I had the perfect same color for 9 hours! Yep, exactly 9 hours without cracking, even though I wasn't using base/moisturizer/powder. I am well known for being lazy to spend time doing makeup steps, so I always getting shortcut. But I think it will look more beautiful if I use moisturizer. The BB cream is matte, so my face will look really dry.... Thank God it's not! Haha... Nope, with this BB Cushion, my face doesn't look very dry as if I use my powder alone. Let's see my bare face:

There are black/red tiny spots on my skin. It's a reaction from using Etude's Silk Scarf Hair Essence a few months ago. Now, it's just a spot. But it's very irritating to see it. On my nose is acne scar. The redness is probably due to after washing effect on morning (after bath).

The pict below here is after using moisturizer first as I had bought Etude Face Conditioning Cream #Original with this one! It's the second day I'm using the BB Cushion. The first one trying is without moisturizer and you can see after this pict.

My black spots are covered! Very beautiful product.

Below is my face after using Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control SPF 50+ PA+++ after 9 hours working at the office then went lunch outside in hot weather (Sorry for my tired skin and a few cracking. Remember my skin is dry and being like in this pict is already heaven since my skin on the nose part will crack more if I use usual powder. Also, it's already 9 hours without using moisturizer & blotting paper on day 1!):

Sorry again for my dark circle (I was working, really!). And the BB cream already cracked a bit after many activities and sweating. I think the staying power before it gets oily is for 5-6 hours. After so much sweating, it becomes like this. No, it's not a big pore nor acne you see on below part after my nose. It's due to the BB cream cracking. I swear it's more soft in texture once newly-applied rather than this pict.


UPDATE!
I used moisturizer and the staying power after 9 hours without blotting on paper was incredible. See here:


Like, there's nothing have changed from the second picture (the one after applying BB Cushion with moisturizer). Except on area beside my nose. It might looks cakey a bit but unnoticeable if I don't see up close. You can blot or put tissue to erase it.


I like this BB Cushion, even though I just used it a few times. The first time I applied, I love it exactly the way I love KATE BB Gel Cream. It's like my skin, makes it brighter, and bye bye acne/blackspots. The price is quite expensive even if it's online. I bought for USD 32.08 for its new cushion pact with one refill. But the quality is enormous. I won't try Etude's cushion because I heard few bad reviews. And so glad I bought the expensive one since it's the same as buying quality product. Let me hear another brand with high quality cushion more!


UPDATE : I finished the first cushion in May 2015, which meant 9 months after opening the product. I rarely use it before, but I think I used quite often nowadays so it's finally empty. I like the cushion so much and will repurchase after I have emptied the refill too. Although I also want to try the dewy version of Laneige cushion too, I will try purchasing Dasoda Aqua Cushion Foundation first from Japan to make comparison between Korean and Japanese BB cushion.


Nb: All picts were taken by LG G2 in 13MP back camera. A few brightening editing were used, but not to change its color. Just making it more bright after taking this picture indoor with lamp.

You May Also Like

0 Comments