Home

Reviews

About Me

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm 225 Sultry Sulfureuse Dark Beige on Me

by - 2/13/2015 07:03:00 PM

Another lip product again. I guess it's my favorite makeup product, like any other women out there. Because through only lip color & type (matte/gloss), we could change whole appearances. I never thought I would like to collect lipstick/ lipgloss in my school days. Better do it after you have worked, my friend, because you can buy anything you want with your own money, of course with consideration, okay? I'm glad I got into makeup after graduating from university, so I can buy what I want at the moment, without waiting to collect pocket money each days. Anyway, Sultry is no.2 from left at the picture below.



Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm is the first product from Revlon I've yet to try. Actually, I never consider Revlon because it's a bit expensive if compared to Maybelline. And my friend, who loves to try Western brand makeup (I'm into Japan/Korea more) said it would dry lips more than Maybelline. So I was backing off my urge to try Revlon some way or another. But yesterday, I saw Snapeee photo app, especially the posting from ViVi (it's a Japanese magazine) which using Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain 15 (Cherish) on its model. I think I can try to search for it, but my eyes went into the matte type because lately, I wanted to try Mamonde Creamy Tint Color Balm after watching Pinocchio. Park Shin-hye wears matte lip crayon from Mamonde, which she modeled for the brand. But sadly, Mamonde is hardly enough to find even in online shop. So I think I'll try Revlon sinced I found soft color, Elusive.

This is the picture of Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain 15 (Cherish) that I've got from Snapeee (ViVi).

When my office managers went to lunch to nearby mall (Yep, we can go to mall if there's office car on standby), I searched Revlon counter to make sure I got what I wanted. Too bad, there's only Sultry in the counter and a few of another ColorBurst lip crayon type such as Lacquer Balm and Balm Stain. I have tried every type, but the other were very sheer. I was afraid it wouldn't turn out visible on my lips. I think they would seem more to a lipgloss, with shimmers which I never like. And so, I bought Sultry for around USD 7.25, I'm glad it's not above USD 8.00 or I would change my mind.


 This color can be a deep brown-purple color if applied with many layers, even though I think it's brown.

After I tried Sultry on my hand, because I'm the type whose afraid trying cosmetic tester unto lips on counter, I was shocked it's very dark. But the BA said it would turn to be more pink on lips, so I kept purchasing. After I tried it on lips, I'm very sad. It turns out darker, a dark red-brown color similar to red vamps. Maybe it's because my skin is light in color (I wouldn't say very fair but yeah, my body is fairer than my face), so it appears reversible with people with medium skintone. I read many reviews saying the Sultry would be more pink than brown, hoping I would get the same result. But the matte balm makes me look too old if I wear it without dabbing it to tissue. Below is when applied on lips:

 
It's not drying as a matte lipstick. When applied, it would be like eating a peppermint candy, with menthol-cold sensation and mint scent. I don't dislike it, but it shocked me when every application gives cold sensation on lips. A bit fun, huh? But it does not have taste on tongue. That's a plus and unique point for this lip crayon. But I regretted not buying a light color nor the Balm Stain 15 because Sultry is too dark for me. But because I've tried it, I now know that I love lip crayon-type! It's easy and simple to use. If I want sheer color, just dab it. If I want it to be bold, I will just swatches it to my lips. I had hard time wiping it with tissue and water, so it's waterproof too. The only thing I'm not satisfied with this crayon/pencil type is easy to break. I'm afraid I would break the bullet off because it's very creamy.

The right picture below is after dabbing with tissue because I don't like wearing too bold lipstick when working. I think it's pretty decent lighter brown on picture, but not in real life. The left one is applied with 2-3 swatches so it's very bold. It turns to red/purple-ish. Not my favorite color but it's buildable.

Urgh, I got more fat lately. I wonder if I can stand until Chinese New Year next week.... I used Etude Face Conditioning Cream, Etude BB Cream Bright Fit, Skinfood Buckwheat Loose Powder, Coffret D'or Full Smile Eyes Apricot Beige, Etude 3 Step Volumecara, Etude Sweet Recipe Cupcake All Over Color OR202 and this Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm Sultry.

Because of this, my journey to own a better lip crayon still continues. This Revlon is my first time trying this type. I want to order Mamonde Creamy Tint Balm #4 (one the color which Park Shin-hye used in Pinocchio) in the future and hope it won't turn too dark. I was searching for natural lip color again lately, after buying a few dark/bold purple colors before. It maybe because I watched many Japanese TV dorama and Youtube tutorial (Try Kawaii Pateen channel for dolly/cosplay makeup tutorial) again. Uh, I accepted that my makeup product urges from watching films and it can be changed prior to my favorite (either using matte/dewy base, bold/matte/glossy lips, using eyeshadow/not). At least when I love Japanese makeup skill, my face looks very natural as if wearing no foundation (because they tends not to use concealer, which shows acne/scars, makes it more humane rather than perfect doll-skin for Korean). Psst, my KATE order have arrived! It just took 10 days after ordering which is really weird since usually, it will takes 3-4 weeks. Wait for another review next week!

You May Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Is Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm better than Mamomde creamy tint colour balm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a wrong shade for Revlon Matte Balm actually. But I still like it at times I need it. Well, the two of them have its own quality. The Matte Balm is creamier than the Mamonde I owned. Though it might have been the same because Mamonde also have many types too, which I haven't try yet. Depends on the needs and colors. Still, I love all of them. But in term of easier to grab, it's definitely Revlon.

      Delete
  2. I had the same issue. I saw the color on other people and it looked great, but when I got Sultry it just looked unnatural and dark on my lips. It's not a bad color, it just stands out and doesn't look super natural. If you're still (I know your post was 2 years ago) on the lookout for a natural color for your fairer complexion, try Revlon ColorBlast in Honey 001. It is not matte, but it is the closest I have found for a natural lip color for my particular lips and skin combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah agree with you. For fair skin, I don't think Sultry is good. It makes my complexion dark. In my country, everyone are searching for Sultry but it seems this one doesn't work on me. Do you mean the Honey from Balm Stain? http://www.revlon.com/products/lips/lip-color/colorburst-balm-stain#309976348018%20||1


      I'll try one if I found it. I really like these crayon-type lipstick from Revlon. Thanks for your suggestion

      Delete