Home

Reviews

About Me

Etude House Precious Mineral BB (Beautifying Block) Cream Moist #21 Petal with SPF50+ / PA+++

by - 4/18/2017 11:18:00 AM

I dare myself to try Etude House new BB cream.
I have the Precious Mineral Bright Fit & Cotton Fit previously.
But I dislike the finishing. They are too grey-ish and unfitting to skin.
Then, I'm a bit interested in this Moist type, a renewal of Blooming Fit
I first wanted to buy #19 Vanilla, but it was sold out so I must buy the #21 Petal.


It has moisture finish,
whitening + sunblock + anti-wrinkle + anti-darkening,
fine dust + UV protection + multi-protection.
Can cover blemish & pores lightly.
Protecting skin from external environment. 
The BB cream here means beautifying & block.
Perfect block & brighten face to achieve clean & clear skin as if being covered in reflective membrane.
Even out skintone for smooth & bright skin with 24 hours coverage.
Used for normal & dry skin.


Two types available, the matte type for oily skin and moist type for normal & dry skin.
My skin is very dry so I'd prefer the moist type. Although I also like matte finish in some occassion.
The "vanilla" & "petal" are for pink base skintone, "beige" for yellow, and "sand" & "tan" for neutral finish.

The tube now is slim and compact without too many picture.
I think it is now simple, modern, and look cheaper than before. But I also like the simple design.
Comes with SPF50+ / PA+++ that will give UV protection to skin.
The cap is turnover type, only need 2 turns to open it.



Resulting in glowing skin after blending all on the back of my hand. I think the BB cream now is more pink-tone than grey.

First, I applied on my face with just my fingers, when I had many blemishes due to stress & hormone.
I went to Taman Safari Indonesia (zoo) and Pasar Apung Sentul (outdoor restaurants) to dinner for the entire day, without touch-up.
Even though that's the first time I wore the BB cream alone without primer,
it stayed on my skin the entire day without melting!
The scent and texture is similar to "Precious Mineral Cotton Fit".
But I approved it is the upgraded version old Precious Mineral range and of stiff "Blooming Fit".

Left : bare face & very ugly acnes came out. Right : After putting the BB cream. Clean & covered.

This is the result after more than 12hrs going outdoor. A bit cracked around nose & lips. But still unvisible from far. Forgive the panda eyes. I lacked sleep for the entire 2 days before going outdoor for the whole day.

Then, I applied with Shiseido Brush.
It was evenly applied without showing enlarged pores.
I think I will continue to use it with brush for evenly finish result.
But it still feels sticky, like most of Etude's cream.
Although it is sticky, I can consider it a decent BB cream because it stays for a long time.

Of course my neck & face color is darker than my hand.

UPDATE! : Best used with sponge so it will stick well and have lighter texture.


MY THOUGHTS FOR ETUDE HOUSE PRECIOUS MINERAL BB CREAM MOIST #21 PETAL:
+ Stays for a long time without smudging. Only a bit cracking around nose and can be spread by finger to fix.
+ Doesn't irritate skin.
+ Cheap with large tube.
+ The finish is dewy but not creating oily skin. It is almost a semi-matte if not glowing.
+ Texture is lighter than Cotton Fit.
+ Doesn't emphasize pores.
+ The color will turn fit to my own skin. But it is for pink base I think.
- Still has oily texture that is hard to spread evenly. Should use something like sponge to blend well. But it will settle unto skin after 15 minutes.
- Not recommended for oily skin because it is thick & heavy than most BB cream. Still prefer Japan BB Cream for light & smooth finish.
- There are many BB cream can replace this. I think it is not the best BB cream in the world.

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Hi what's the brand for the Japan BB cream that you mentiones on the review?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there are a lot of good BB creams from Japan. The consistency is much more natural than Korean, fit to skin. But I don't prefer one from Canmake though. My favorite BB creams are from Kanebo Kate and Isehan Kiss Me Heroine brand.

      Delete